Our Intellicore™ paper roll identification technology is a breakthrough, embedded core technology that enables automatic paper roll inventory tracking in areas of paper and paper-product manufacturing.
Intellicore™ paper roll identification technology from Sonoco Alcore® is a breakthrough, embedded core technology that enables automatic paper roll inventory tracking in areas of paper and paper-product manufacturing. Savings identified The accuracy of Intellicore™ paper roll identification technology enables manufacturers to save significant money by reducing lost inventory and ghost waste, reducing the need for working capital and eliminating costly manual tracking during the life of a roll. Invest intelligently for material savings The efficiencies of Intellicore™ paper roll identification technology can reduce paper waste in many areas of the supply chain in the paper industry at an average of two to five percent a year.
Benefits in Brief
Intellicore™ paper roll identification technology allows the paper industry to:
- Monitor and verify shipping and delivery
- Monitor paper grade and storage visibility
- Minimize buffer stocks and working capital requirements
- Monitor and streamline production in real time
- Eliminate ghost waste, shrinkage and waste due to inaccurate input and damaged labels
- Cut manual stocktaking errors and hours
- Optimize worker/operator productivity
- Ensure accurate order fulfilment
- Allows real time tracking from manufacture to consumption. A single identifier is used to automatically track a roll through its lifetime.
- Enables automatic paper-yield verification. Yield verification by roll, enabling confirmation of paper supplier, quality and quantities by roll.
- Increases operational efficiency. Real-time inventory data interfaces enable production line operators to make timely paper-use decisions.
- Eliminates manual input errors and minimizes manual stocktaking procedures.
- Allows accurate stock location. Accurate stock inventories by location enables clamp truck drivers to easily access stock.
- Just-in-time supply chain management. Accurate inventories eliminate the need for buffer stocks, enabling optimal management and reduced working capital requirements.