The following describes the policy and practices of Sonoco Alcore with respect to the collection of user information from this website as well as the use and disclosure of such information.
This document only applies to this website and does not address information obtained from other sources. In addition, other Sonoco websites and non-Sonoco sites (including those we link to) have their own practices; in all cases we encourage you to ask questions and to provide data only to sites whose practices you understand and trust.
Information on the collection of personal data
- This website does collect data considered personal data by the definitions provided in the GDPR. Personal data is all data that is associated to you as an individual, e.g. name, address, e-mail addresses, user behavior.
- The Sonoco Alcore Data Privacy Officer, responsible for data protection pursuant to. Art. 4 para. 7 EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), may be contacted via standard mail or email at the following addresses:
Sonoco Alcore NV
Data Privacy Officer
Jan Emiel Mommaertslaan 18a
- When you contact us by e-mail or through a contact form, the information you provide (your e-mail address, your name and telephone number, as applicable) will be stored by us to answer your questions. We delete this data when storage is no longer required, or we restrict the processing if there are statutory retention requirements.
- If we use contracted service providers to process personal data in support of our business processes, or if Sonoco Alcore wishes to use your data for advertising purposes, we will inform you in detail about the specific transactions. In doing so, we will also specify the criteria for the storage period, if any exists.
- You have the following rights with respect to the personal data concerning you:
- Right to information and access
- Right to rectification or deletion
- Right to restriction or object to data processing
- Right to data transferability
- You also have the right to complain to a data protection supervisory authority about the processing of your personal data by Sonoco Alcore.
Collection of personal data when visiting our website
- When using this website for informative purposes, i.e. if you do not register or otherwise provide us with information, we will only collect the personal data that your browser transmits to our server. If you wish to view our website, we collect the following data that is technically necessary for us to inform you about our website and to guarantee stability and security:
- Your IP address
- Date and time of your visit
- Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of your request
- Access Status / HTTP status code
- Amount of data transferred to your browser
- Website from which your request originates
- Your browser language, type and version
- Your operating system version and patch level
- In addition to the aforementioned data, cookies are stored on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard drive assigned to the browser you are using and by which Sonoco Alcore receives certain information. Cookies cannot run programs or transmit viruses to your computer. They serve to make the Internet offer more user-friendly and effective overall.
- This website uses the following types of cookies:
- Transient cookies, also known as session cookies, are automatically deleted when you close the browser. These store a session identifier, with which requests from your browser can be recognized by the website. The session cookies are deleted when you log out or close the browser.
- Persistent cookies remain on your computer even if you close your browser. These cookies allow our website to recognize your computer when you visit the website again. Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified period, which may differ depending on the cookie. You can delete the cookies in the security settings of your browser at any time.
- You can configure your browser setting according to your wishes, and for example, decline the acceptance of third-party cookies or all cookies. Please be aware that you may not be able to use all features of this site.
More features and offers of our website
- In addition to the purely informational use of our website, we offer various services that you can use if you are interested. To do so, you will need to provide other personal information that we use to provide the service and for which the aforementioned data processing principles apply.
- In some cases, we use external service providers to process your data. These have been carefully selected and commissioned by us, are bound by our instructions, and are regularly inspected.
- Furthermore, we may disclose your personal data to third parties, if activities, competitions, contracts, or similar services are offered by Sonoco Alcore together with partners. You will receive further information on this when you enter your personal data or in the description below.
- Insofar as our service providers or partners are based in a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we inform you about the consequences of this circumstance in the description of the offer.
Objection or revocation against the processing of your data
- If you have given your consent to the processing of your data, you can revoke it at any time. Such revocation stops the processing of your personal data.
- Insofar as we base the processing of your personal data on the weighing of interests, you can object to the processing. This is the case if, particularly, the processing is not required to fulfill a contract with you, which we present in each case in the following description of the functions. In the event of any such disagreement, we ask you to explain the reasons why we should not process your personal data as we have done. In the case of your justified objection, we will examine the situation and will either discontinue or adapt the data processing or point out to you our compelling legitimate justification under which we will continue the processing.
- Of course, you may object to the processing of your personal data for advertising and data analysis purposes at any time. You can inform us about your advertising objection under the following contact data:
Sonoco Alcore NV
Data Privacy Officer
Jan Emiel Mommaertslaan 18a
- With your consent, you can subscribe to our newsletter, which informs you about Sonoco Alcore’s events and offers. The advertised goods and services are named in the declaration of consent.
- To register for our newsletter, we use the ”double opt-in” process. This means that after you register with this website to receive the newsletter, we will send you an e-mail in which we ask you to confirm that you wish to receive the newsletter. If you do not receive your registration within 48 hours, your information will be archived and automatically deleted after one month. In addition, we store your IP addresses and times of registration and confirmation. The purpose of the procedure is to prove your registration and, if necessary, to clarify possible misuse of your personal data.
- The only required personal data for sending the newsletter is your e-mail address. The specification of additional, separately marked data is voluntary and will be used to address you personally. After your confirmation, we will save your e-mail address for the purpose of sending you the newsletter.
- You can revoke your consent to the sending of the newsletter at any time and cancel the newsletter. You can unsubscribe by clicking on the link provided in each newsletter e-mail, by e-mail to GDPR@SONOCO.COM or by sending a message to the contact details stated above.
- Sonoco Alcore does evaluate your user behavior when sending the newsletter. For this evaluation, the emails include “web beacons” or tracking pixels. These are one-pixel image files stored on our website. Also, in the newsletter received links contain this ID. This allows us to record when you read our newsletter, which links you click on, and from that infer your personal interests. We can use this data to create a user profile to better tailor the newsletter to your individual interests.
- You can object to this tracking at any time by clicking on the separate link provided in each e-mail or informing us via another contact path. The information is stored as long as you subscribe to the newsletter. When you unsubscribe we save the data statistically and anonymously. Also, such tracking is not possible if you've turned off image display by default in your email client. In this case the newsletter will not be displayed completely, and you may not be able to use all the features. If you display the images manually, the above tracking will take place.
Use of Google Analytics
- This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. ("Google"). Google Analytics uses "cookies", text files that are stored on your computer and that allow an analysis of the use of the website by you. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website is transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there. Sonoco Alcore has enabled IP anonymization on this website. This means Google shortens your IP address beforehand within member states of the European Union or other parties to the Agreement on the European Economic Area (see item 4 below for additional information). On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on website activity and to provide other services related to website usage and internet usage to the website operator.
- The IP address provided by your browser as part of Google Analytics will not be merged with other Google data.
- You can prevent the storage of cookies by changing the settings of your browser software; however, if you do not allow cookies, you may not be able to use all the functions of this website. You may also prevent the collection by Google of the data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website (including your IP address) as well as the processing of this data by Google by using the browser plug-in available under the following link.
- This website uses Google Analytics with the extension "_anonymizeIp ()". This shortens the processing of IP addresses, thus excluding the possibility of personal references. If the data collected about you is related to a person, this is excluded immediately and the personal data is deleted immediately.
- We use Google Analytics to analyze and regularly improve the use of our website. With the statistics we can improve our offer and make it more interesting for you as a user. For the exceptional cases in which Personal Information is transferred to the US, Google has submitted to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
- Third-party information:
Google Dublin, Google Ireland Ltd.,
Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland,
Fax: +353 (1) 436 1001.
Data Protection Policy: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en.
Use of Adobe Analytics (Omniture)
- This website uses the web analytics service Adobe Analytics (Omniture) to analyze and regularly improve the use of our website. With the statistics we can improve our offer and make it more interesting for you as a user. For the exceptional cases in which personal information is transferred to the US, Adobe is subject to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
- Cookies are used for this evaluation (see § 3) stored on your computer. The information collected in this way is stored on servers, including in the USA. If you prevent the storage of cookies, you may not be able to use this website in full. Preventing the storage of cookies is possible by changing the settings in your browser or by clicking the "Log off" buttons at http://www.adobe.com/de/privacy/opt-out.html.
- This website uses Adobe Analytics (Omniture) with the "Before Geo-Lookup: Replace visitor's last IP octet with 0" and "Obfuscate IP-Removed" settings, which shortens your IP address by the last octet and uses a generic IP address. Address, that is a no longer assignable, is replaced. A personal reference can thus be excluded.
Use of social media plug-ins
- We currently use the following social media plug-ins: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube. We use a two-click solution. In other words, when you visit our site, initially no personal data is passed on to the providers of the plug-ins. The provider of the plug-in can be recognized by the marking on the box above the first letter or the logo. We give you the opportunity to communicate directly with the provider of the plug-in via the button. Only if you click on the highlighted field and activate it, the plug-in provider will receive the information that you have accessed the corresponding website of our online service. In addition, the data mentioned under § 3 of this declaration will be transmitted. In the case of Facebook, according to the respective provider in Belgium, the IP address is made anonymous immediately after collection. By activating the plug-in, personal data will be transmitted by you to the respective plug-in provider and stored there (with US providers in the USA). Since the plug-in provider carries out the data collection, particularly via cookies, we recommend that you delete all cookies before clicking on the greyed box via the security settings of your browser.
- We have no influence on the collected data and data processing operations, nor are we aware of the full extent of the data collection, the purpose of processing, or the storage periods. We also have no information on the deletion of the data collected by the plug-in provider.
- The plug-in provider stores the data collected about you as usage profiles and uses them for purposes of advertising, market research and / or tailor-made website design. Such an evaluation is carried out particularly (also for non-logged-in users) for the presentation of needs-based advertising and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of these user profiles, whereby you must contact the respective plug-in provider to exercise this right. Through the plug-ins, we offer you the opportunity to interact with social networks and other users so that we can improve our offer and make it more interesting for you as a user.
- The data transfer takes place regardless of whether you have an account with the plug-in provider and are logged in there. If you are logged in to the plug-in provider, your data collected from us will be allocated directly to your existing account with the plug-in provider. If you press the activated button and for example, if you link the page, the plug-in provider also stores this information in your user account and shares it with your contacts publicly. We recommend that you log out regularly after using a social network, but especially before activating the button, as this will prevent it from being assigned to your profile with the plug-in provider.
- For more information on the purpose and scope of the data collection and how it is processed by the plug-in provider, please refer to the privacy statements of these providers provided below. There you will also find further information about your rights and setting options for the protection of your privacy.
- Addresses of the respective plug-in providers and URL with their privacy notices:
- Facebook Inc., 1601 S California Ave, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA; http://www.facebook.com/policy.php; For more information about data collection: http://www.facebook.com/help/186325668085084, http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info-on-other#applications and http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info#everyoneinfo. Facebook has submitted to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
- Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountainview, California 94043, USA; https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites?hl=en. Google has submitted to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
- Twitter, Inc., 1355 Market St., Suite 900, San Francisco, California 94103, USA; https://twitter.com/en/privacy. Twitter has submitted to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
- LinkedIn Corporation, 2029 Stierlin Court, Mountain View, California 94043, United States; http://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy. LinkedIn has submitted to the EU-US Privacy Shield,https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
Integration of YouTube videos
- We have included YouTube videos in our online offering, which are stored on http://www.YouTube.com and can be played directly from our website. By visiting the website, YouTube receives the information that you have accessed the corresponding subpage of our website. In addition, the data under § 3 of this declaration will be transmitted. This happens regardless of whether YouTube provides a user account that you are logged in to, or if there is no user account. When you're logged in to Google, your data will be assigned directly to your account. If you do not wish to be associated with your profile on YouTube, you must log out before activating the button. YouTube stores your data as usage profiles and uses them for purposes of advertising, market research and / or customization of its website. Such an evaluation is carried out particularly (even for users who are not logged in) to provide appropriate advertising and to inform other users of the social network about their activities on our website. You have a right to object to the creation of these User Profiles, and you must contact YouTube to exercise this right
Integration of Google Maps
- On this website we use the offer of Google Maps. This allows us to show you interactive maps directly on the website, allowing you to conveniently use the map feature.
- By visiting the website, Google receives the information that you have accessed the corresponding subpage of our website. In addition, the data referred to in § 3 of this declaration will be transmitted. This is done regardless of whether Google provides a user account that you are logged in to, or if there is no user account. When you're logged in to Google, your data will be assigned directly to your account. If you do not wish to be associated with your profile on Google, you must log out before activating the button. Google stores your data as usage profiles and uses them for purposes of advertising, market research and / or tailor-made website design. Such evaluation will be carried out particularly (even for non-logged-in users) to provide on-demand advertising and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have a right to object to the creation of these user profiles, and you must contact Google to exercise this right.